Have you ever sailed the Mississippi on a riverboat? Heard a calliope bounce notes off a barge? Caught the freight train boogie? This week on American Routes, we’re riding the rails and sailing sails with words and music dedicated to two old forms of transport. We’ll visit with Captain Doc Hawley, a calliope player on the “Natchez” in New Orleans to find out what it takes to make a boat sing. And a conversation with singer-songwriter Justin Townes Earle, who knows a thing or two about trains. Plus music about rivers, railcars and riding around.
- neworleansandme reblogged this from americanroutes
- darlingcorey reblogged this from americanroutes
- purepopfornowpeople likes this
- ifthecreekdontrise likes this
- its-onlygene reblogged this from americanroutes
- its-onlygene likes this
- americanroutes posted this