We’re hauling out the vinyl and giving it a spin this week on American Routes. First, we’ll revisit our 2005 interview with the late Jerry Wexler, who produced many soul and R&B hits on Atlantic Records. Then we’ll go down into Maryland record connoisseur Joe Bussard’s basement to sample his wall-to-wall collection of rare blues and country 78s, and the massive sound system to play them. Also, a visit in Shreveport, Louisiana with record producer Stan Lewis to learn about his days producing pop, blues and R&B on the Jewel and Paula labels. Plus Bird Brain, the legendary Shreveport DJ who “broke” the records in the local black community… and nationally.
- navigatethestream reblogged this from blackrockandrollmusic
- rmimms likes this
- blackrockandrollmusic reblogged this from americanroutes
- pimpernel-and-partners likes this
- americanguide likes this
- jasonpwoodbury reblogged this from americanroutes
- americanroutes posted this